Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bible Intake (Part 1)...For the Purpose of Godliness

I posted about this on my own blog, but I wanted to share something that encouraged me as I was reading. Perhaps you will be encouraged too.

So go on reading it [the Bible] until you can read no longer, and then you will not need the Bible any more, because when your eyes close for the last time in death, and never again read the Word of God in Scripture you will open them to the Word of God in the flesh, the same Jesus of the Bible whom you have known for so long, standing before you to take you for ever to His eternal home. [1]

Have a God-glorifying break!

---------
[1] Geoffrey Thomas, Reading the Bible (Edinburgh, Scotland: The Banner of Truth Trust, 1980), page 22.

Chris Chois

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

this comment should never be underrated. I need to read the bible more. i want read the bible more. and i want to want more to read the bible more!

thanks chris! LOVE YOU! <3 =)